Summer Camp 2020 Has Been Cancelled
It is with a heavy heart we announce that Summer Camp 2020 has been cancelled. This unfortunate news was confirmed Thursday, April 23 as the Chief Medical Officer of Health for Alberta laid out the blueprint for the summer months which will involve no mass gatherings over 15 people and continued social distancing. In some ways it feels like this news was inevitable, but our staff have always been hopeful and optimistic that camp would run. Yes, we are extremely disappointed, but we respect our leaders and will honor their directives recognizing that these types of decisions are not easy to make.
What does this mean for SABC?
- For campers and parents – My heart aches as we will miss hanging out with your child(ren) this summer here at camp. We have been in touch by email which will have information about refunds and donations.
- For summer staff – Summer will be very different for the over 200 of you that come over the summer months. Please stay in touch. There will be an opportunity to connect online through Zoom throughout the summer months.
- Camp4U – Staff here are working hard to fill some of the “no camp” void with Camp4U – an online connection with children and youth. Watch for its launch over the coming months!
- Dave’s Meals – Trying to meet some of the needs brought on by the ongoing pandemic, Dave’s meals was designed to bring frozen meals to your home or community. We have had overwhelming response and continue to sell out on a weekly basis. Thank you for this! We will continue providing this service for as long as we are able.
- The construction of the new lodge addition continues and is only weeks away from completion. This is a massive project. Thank you for your continued giving towards this project. We are still needing to raise approximately $2 million to finish this off debt-free but we do have interim financing in place for the next few years.
- Please pray for the camp and continue to support it financially if you are able. We know there are many other organizations and people struggling and we are not alone. How do you pray? I encourage you to sign up online for our monthly email prayer list found on www.sabc.ca/prayer-and-news-email/.
In line with provincial guidelines, our office hours are limited but we are monitoring voice messages and emails on a regular basis. Please pray for SABC. Pray for our finances and pray that we would continue to pursue our mission of lives changed by the gospel.
Jon Gartly, Executive Director
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31